Monday, April 6, 2015

Going to Italy

It has been my travel dream for some time now to go to Italy. My grandparents on my dad's side of the family immigrated from Italy and I have always wondered what it was like. I haven't been fortunate enough to take a vacation out of the country yet, so it would also be a great way for me to see something different. While I am there I would definitely like to see as much of the country as I can, but more importantly I want to taste as much of the country as I can. I have always imagined how amazing the pasta and pizza in Italy is, and this would be my chance to find out. I would travel around to the different cities of Italy and see how the local food variety changes. A lot of the different regions in Italy have their own unique tastes and flavor. Also, after experiencing all the food and flavors for myself, I would be able to cook a mean pasta sauce. As I am traveling through the different cities I would want to make a few stops along the way. Some of the places I really want to see are the Colosseum, Venice, and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Using all the brute strength gained from all the amazing Italian food, I would push the leaning tower back up. Italy would be upset with me though, if the tower wasn't leaning it wouldn't attract nearly as many tourists. Overall I wouldn't want the trip to last longer than a month. Vacations are fun, but eventually I would want to be back home so I could share my adventures with my friends and family. My grandmother on my dads side would be very interested in some of the italian recipes I will have learned considering she is such a great italian cook already.

4 comments:

  1. I imagine eating Italian food in Italy all the time. I hope you get to go there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not bean outside of the US as well, and I look forward to doing so at some point in time. I think seeing the archatecture and eating the food would be unparellel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the tower wasn't leaning any more what would we call it? "The No-longer Leaning Tower of Pisa"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's really cool that different regions have their own unique flavors. It would be a lot of fun traveling around and trying food from all the regions, then deciding which is the best. I also find your proposal to re-align the Leaning Tower of Pisa very interesting. A bit ambitious, yes. But with the right amount of perfectly cooked pasta, I'm sure anything is possible. And who knows, maybe YOU will become the tourist attraction.

    ReplyDelete